Monday, February 28, 2011

Polka Dot Baby....






She wore an itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, RED polka dot bikini...

My family have been wondering what I am up to considering Summer is almost over here in New Zealand but I bought this fabric while away on my design course in January and it has been screaming out to be 'played' with.

I also had some vintage 'looking' lace that seemed to fit just perfectly in various ways.

This is not meant to be a practical swim suit but rather for the little girl who likes to look the beachy part while remaining cute and every piece in place ;-).  Cotton polka dot pants with lacey frills and a matching top that has a hint of the lace across the front and elegant halter ties.

I also made a cotton pettiskirt with folded layers of tulle (no scratchyness on legs - although this is the softest of tulle anyway) which can be worn alone or covered up by the spotted skirt with white cotton frill exposing only a kiss of tulle and giving plenty of bounce.

Then there is the little 100% cotton voile over top - very light and comfy but staying in theme with the vintage look lace on the ends of the sleeves.

I could go on and on about what I was thinking when making this and all of the different options, but I wont.  I will however go on to say that there will be some red and white striped leggings coming that would also look fantastic underneath either or both of the skirts, especially with the cooler weather about to hit us here downunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment