Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hooray photos are starting to happen




Well I have finally started to take some pictures of the clothing and accessories I am making.  There is so much to do - buy supplies and materials, marketing, creating, reading, learning, sewing, embellishing, conversing with suppliers and then finally it all has to be presented.  No easy feat when I have no idea how to do any of it but learning it on a day to day basis.

However, this tutu is for my first sale and that is to create a tutu for a little one year old girl whose birthday it is next week.

I don't ever know what I am going to make until I start and then it all starts to come together.  I am enjoying it more and more as my confidence grows.

So here we have a tutu made with eggplant coloured tulle from the USA, with a satin mix waistband and detachable flower.  There is a string of "pearls" in a shimmery pearl lustre that shows up all sorts of colours - so pretty.

So here is my first attempt at taking a photo and using a bit of basic photoshop to enhance it a little.  I just wish I could find a real human child to use as a model though however due to moving to a new town only 5 months ago, I do not know anybody with children here so I am having to compromise.  I will find the perfect child/ren when I get a moment to hunt some down.....

No comments:

Post a Comment